Our Training Mission Statement
SHEP is a values-led organisation that provides quality education and training, based on experiential approaches and underpinned by humanistic philosophy and theory, to support empowerment and appropriate self-acceptance, to enhance health and well-being and to promote social justice.
Our education and training programme is also based on our commitment to:
- working in empowering ways.
- promoting inclusiveness and opposing unjust discrimination.
- facilitating reflective inclusive spaces.
- working in ways which promote the integrity of the natural environment.
- being flexible and responsive to emerging needs.
In SHEP you can expect:
- A caring and supportive atmosphere providing a safe and pleasant place to learn.
- A quality service which is open and promotes learning for all
- Friendly and helpful staff, trainers and tutors who will treat you with dignity and respect,
- Quality facilitation and/or teaching from well-trained and suitably qualified staff, trainers and tutors.
- Accurate and accessible information about our courses and services.
- Easy and accessible enrolment procedures.
- The guaranteed delivery of your course, once the course has commenced.
- Classes to start and end on time.
- Notification at the earliest opportunity of any re-scheduling, postponement or cancellation of classes.
- Learning materials that are relevant and appropriate.
- Confidentiality, when appropriate, in your dealings with staff, trainers or tutors in accordance with Project policies.
- That staff, trainers and tutors will respond as quickly as possible to any difficulties you communicate to us.
- To be kept informed about developments in the project that may affect you.
- For assessed courses, course work marked and feedback given within four weeks of the agreed date for handing in the assignments.
- A SHEP Certificate of participation, where attendance is over 80%.
As the learner we expect you to:
- Treat other learners and trainers with respect, courtesy and consideration.
- Attend your course as best as possible and at least meet the minimum attendance requirements (80%).
- Be on time for sessions.
- Participate as fully as possible in the training.
- Attend the course sessions whilst not under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs.
- Let us know if you are having difficulty with the course.
- Switch off mobile phones whilst you are in training.
- Let us know if you are going to be absent.
- Pay your fees promptly or in accordance with the agreed payment plan.
- For courses with assignments, complete course work within the agreed timescale.
- For courses which are assessed, familiarise yourself with assessment regulations and procedures.
- Treat equipment, furniture and buildings with care.
- Give the trainer constructive feedback on your course.
- Complete any learner surveys we conduct.