Overview of the Training Programme
The Social and Health Education Project provides quality education and training, based on experiential approaches and underpinned by humanistic philosophy and theory, to support empowerment and appropriate self-acceptance, to enhance health and well-being, and to promote social justice.
Theoretical and Practice Underpinnings:
SHEP’s Training Programme in underpinned by the following principles:
- Adult and Community Education
- Experiential Approaches
- Transformative Education (Social and Personal)
- Social Justice
SHEP’s Training Programme comprises eight main elements:
- Short Courses (community-based)
- SHEP Earth Aware (environmental awareness)
- SHEP Foundation Programme (Part 1 & Part 2)
- Group Facilitator Training
- UCC Diploma in Social and Psychological Health Studies (Level 7)
- On-going Personal Development
- Professional Development for Practitioners (& Reflective Practice)
- Training & Facilitation for Organisations, Groups & Communities.
Through our community education and practitioner CPD programmes, SHEP creates learning environments where people can develop their emotional and psychological capacity to relate more creatively and lovingly to those around them.We also model a way to work effectively with others in building a supportive, just and sustainable community at a local, national and global level.
There are numerous progression routes within the programme. At the same time there is lots of flexibility and recognition of prior learning is also taken into account.
All SHEP courses are certified by The Social and Health Education Project.
The Diploma in Social and Psychological Health Studies is a Level 7 programme delivered in association with UCC and accredited by UCC.