You are interested in the rich diversity of different cultures in Ireland today and would like to explore your feelings and attitudes towards people with different cultural backgrounds. You are ready to look at how we can live together harmoniously in the new Ireland.
This course is for anyone interested in coming to better ways of understanding cultural diversity in their community. It is based on informal discussion, reflection and interaction and aims to help empower individuals and communities to challenge prejudicial attitudes and to welcome and celebrate cultural diversity
- Why do people come to Ireland?
- How does it feel to be a refugee?
- What do we value about Irish culture?
- What is prejudice and where does it come from?
- How inclusive is our society?
- Greeting difference
- Cultural diversity as enrichment
- How can we encourage integration and acceptance?