Senior Training & Development Officer
(Personal Development): Full-time/part-time
The Social and Health Education Project CLG (SHEP) is now inviting applications for this senior position based at SHEP’s main office and training centre at Ardfoyle, Ballintemple, Cork. The main responsibilities include: overseeing the development and delivery of a range of high quality courses in personal development( at foundation, intermediate and tutor training level): and ensuring that the Project has a sustained capacity to deliver such programmes through the ongoing training, support and professional supervision of a large body of SHEP Group Facilitators. The position may be full-time or part-time (or job-shared) depending on the interests of the successful applicant(s).
We are looking for a suitably qualified candidate with: accredited membership of IACP and/or IAHIP; a minimum of five years’ relevant experience; personal commitment to the values and ethos of SHEP; significant training in, and experience of, facilitating experiential (personal development) group-work; excellent interpersonal skills; and proven organisational skills. Knowledge of SHEP’s training programme would be a distinct advantage.
Date for applications is Monday, 27th January 2020. Shortlisting will apply.
Application Form: DOWNLOAD
SHEP is an equal opportunities employer.
Job Title: Senior Training and Development Officer – (Personal Development)
Reporting to: The Project Director
Other links: The STDO-(PD) is a senior member of Programme Staff. She/he will be a key member of a small team of Training and Development programme staff, currently including the Project Director, the STDO-(CD) and two part-time Training & Development Officers. S/he will coordinate the work of a large number of trainers and other facilitators working in and through the Project.
Location: Based in the Main Office of The Social and Health Education Project (currently
The Old Primary School, Ballintemple, Cork), travelling occasionally to Limerick and Kerry.
Salary scale: Based on HSE Professionally Qualified Community Worker
€43,132; €45,242; €47,351; €49,462; €51,570; €53,677; €55,789; (LSI) €56,889
The successful candidate will be placed on the scale based on experience and qualifications
Funded by: The Health Service Executive
Contract: Contract of Indefinite Duration
The Senior Training and Development Officer – (Personal Development) is a senior member of the staff team. She/he provides those working within and through SHEP with professional leadership in the field of personal development, guaranteeing that the Project’s activities are both safe and in accordance with best practice. She oversees the development and delivery of a range of high quality courses in personal development, both through the Project’s Core Training Programme. She/he also ensures that the Project has a sustained capacity to deliver such programmes through the ongoing training, support and professional supervision of trainers.
The Senior Training and Development Officer (Full-time) will:
- Support the strategic development of SHEP PD training in line with the Project’s Development Plan.
- Support and supervise a small team of two part-time Training and Development Officers (PD)
- Liaise with and support SHEP trainers delivering foundation, intermediate and advanced courses relating to personal development in the SHEP Training Programme and arrange in-service training as appropriate.
- Support the identification, induction, orientation and training of new SHEP Trainers
- Support the training of new SHEP Community Tutors, including:
- Oversee all aspects of Specialised Tutor Training Programme.
- Arrange additional tutor training courses, according to demand.
- Oversee all aspects of apprenticeships for SHEP Trained Community Tutors.
- With support from TDOs to oversee the promotion and delivery of SHEP PD Foundation level Training Programmes in Cork, Kerry and Limerick.
- Oversee the promotion and delivery of intermediate level SHEP PD Training Programmes, including but not limited to:
- Continuing Personal Development
- Facilitation Training
- Arrange and oversee an On-going Development Programme.
- Arrange and oversee customised SHEP’s External Training Programme (PD/Facilitation).
- Support the acquisition of grant funding and other resources to support the SHEP PD training programme.
- Network with outside bodies and agencies, especially in connection with its work in personal development training
- Develop and refine course curricula for SHEP Training courses, building on the results of ongoing participant evaluations and the requirements of best practice.
- Support Training and Development Services structures (including the Advisory Group meetings and TDS Team meetings).
- Arrange and support SHEP Facilitator Gatherings, as appropriate.
- Support Policy Development relating to Training and Development Services.
- Update relevant promotional material and relevant sections of website.
- Write references on request for participants in core training courses and for trainers.
This job description will be subject to regular review through the Project’s system of Personal Professional Review.