THE SHEP CERTIFICATE IN PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT APPLICATION FORM 2021/2022
This application form is for the SHEP Certificate in Personal Development course which will run from the end of September 2021 to April 2022. This is an 88 hour course and consists of 24 weekly sessions of two-and-a-half hours plus a Personal Development Weekend (six hours each day) plus 6 hours for Body Awareness & 6 hours for Expanding Awareness Modules.(On two separate weekend days)
Due to the public health situation, SHEP has adapted all of its programmes for this coming Autumn so as to offer them (1) Fully online and (2) If safe to do so, a change to a blended online/in person version in Spring, 2022. While the Project’s heart remains primarily with offering face-to-face experiences for participants in groups, those options may not be feasible this Autumn. We have adapted the programme to respond to what we consider will be feasible for people. We have reduced the hours of the course, reduced the fee and are providing additional subsidies for reduced fee places.
- The course fee this autumn is €590.
- SHEP is offering additional subsidised support, with reduced fee places of €290, available for those who are eligible.
- There is no booking deposit
- The course is facilitated by 2 SHEP Facilitators
- 24 sessions of 2.5 hours
- One Sat & Sun Weekend: 6 hours each day
- One Sat or Sun 6 hours: Body Awareness
- One Sat or Sun 6 hours: Expanding Awareness to the greater web of life
- There will be a max of 14 participants
The options differ in the following way:
- Option 1 – Fully online – in this option the 14 participants will meet and complete the course fully online.
- Option 2 – Blended – The course starts online and if safe to do so, in Spring of 2022 there will be some in-person sessions.
When applying for this course you are required to have access to good enough Wi-Fi for zoom meetings. You will need access to a laptop or a desktop PC. You will need access to a private space to maintain confidentiality.
Whenever possible, we try to take into account applicants’ preferences regarding the timing of weekly course sessions. Where courses run in the evenings, it is usually 7.00 to 9.30 p.m. Where the course is run during the daytime, it is usually 10.00 a.m. to 12.30 p.m.
Open for applications from Thursday 1st July 2021
Latest date for applications Friday 17th September 2021
The information requested on this form is for course administration, and anonymised statistical reporting purposes only. SHEP maintains confidential paper and electronic records in line with the Data Protection and Freedom of Information Acts.