The Social and Health Education Project is governed by a Management Committee comprising people from a range of backgrounds who have undertaken training with the Project, as well as individuals who are professionally involved in the fields of personal and community education or development.
In 2004 new structures were introduced in order to enhance democratic participation in the governance of the Project. These structures include three policy-shaping fora, respectively for Project Trainers, Community Tutors and Coiscéim Counsellors, and an Association of Friends.
The Management Committee has a number of sub-committees:
- Audit Sub-committee
- Governance Sub-committee
- Strategic Development Sub-Committee
- Human Resources Sub-Committee.
The Management Committee is supported in its task of policy formulation by six advisory groups:
- Training and Development Services Advisory Group
- Coiscéim Low-Cost Counselling Advisory Group
- Cork Advocacy Service Advisory Group
- International Partnership Advisory Group
- Mid-West SHEP Advisory Group
- SHEP Earth Aware Advisory Group
SHEP’s policy on governance is set out in CG001 SHEP Governance Policies & Procedures (2017).
Our financial policies are presented in CG002 SHEP Financial Policies & Procedures (2017).